Saturday, September 25, 2010

Run 12, Day 1

I apologize for the handlogging. After today my logs will be from Mafia; hopefully those will be less painful to read.

Goals: Level 4 (for advanced cocktails), Level 2 quest + open temple.

Okay, this was a terrible first day. I ate fortune cookies, one boring spaghetti and one mugcake. I drank a couple of beers and a Typical Tavern swill. I didn't get as far as level 4, either. I did get through the level 2 and 3 quests and opened my guild and the Hidden Temple.

The problem is I don't even know how to fix this. I think reading some logs would be very beneficial.

Log (such as it is) after the jump.

09/25/10 12:52:22 PM - Welcome back to the Kingdom of Loathing. Noob.

First action in new lifetime: get WANGed by Jicken Wings and TPed by asigler. :)

You acquire an item: stainless steel solitaire
You acquire an item: pork elf goodies sack
You acquire an item: disassembled clover
IX    You have unlocked a new tattoo.

Autosell 4 porquiose and a hamethyst.

Stickers: 2 unicorn, 2 wrestler, 2 rock band, 1 apple, 1 UPC, 1 dragon. Eek. So we'll throw on an apple, a wrestler and a rock band, fold into a crossbow and go.

Familiar: Llama llama. Time to learn to use it, half-volley or no.

Buy & eat 2 fortune cookies. SR count 124, 163. Ate one more. 163. 43 adv.

Adventure
(numbers are adventures spent since last comment)
Pantry [1]. Might as well open up the manor. Oh, and it helps if one equips the damn crossbow after making it.
Pantry [2] Oh, and change the progress bar from myst to mox. And set AA to pickpocket.
Pantry [1] Spirit of the Dolphin King. Yay useless NC.
Pantry [5] You gain a Moxie point!
You gain a Level! I've also collected 3 tomatoes. Hooray for boring spaghetti.
Woods [4] Gong drop.
Woods [2] Arboreal Respite
Woods [4] Gong drop. Still in the woods to open the temple w/o backtracking.
Woods [2] Arboreal Respite. Had 2 bar skins, which funded my sapling.
Woods [2] Gong drop. Should I be switching to full volley now?
Woods [1] Stickers off. Moxie: 7. Going to try it without the stickers and see how I do.
Woods [1] Fumbles HURT.
Woods [1] Triffid. Hit me twice and I had a hell of a time hitting it. Ugh. Back to stickers (wrestler/dragon/rb). Also, I'm totally eating this moxie weed.
Woods [2] Tim gains a pound (5)! You gain a Moxie point! You gain a Level! Only 6 MP, so I can't make spaghetti yet. Poo.
Woods [1] Arboreal Respite. There's my coin.
Woods [3] Map time.
Woods [3] Annnnd...fertilizer. Goodbye, Spooky Forest.
Knob [8] Including Hobo Jones and no cottage cheese. I'm up to 7 MP *sigh*. Fortune cookies are delicious!

At this point I'm at an impasse. I've not opened the Manor nor gotten the encryption key. The Tavern is open but I don't have enough adventures to finish it.

Pantry [2] Against my better judgement I'm using this canned magic.
Pantry [1] See above.
Pantry [1] The Manor in Which You're Accustomed

Knob [1] Ennui is Wasted on the Young. Yay beer.
Knob [3] Code Red.

Okay, Chef's hat + mascara gives me enough MP to cast Pastamancery. Gotta buy an oven. had gotten too full to do better than 13 more adventures. Tavern time.

Tavern [5] 4 rats and a beer, and my first beaten up.

Rest in Your Tent [1] It was that or try for a massager. (Tried for the massager anyway - no dice.)
Alley [2] Better than resting.

Stickers fell off. Switching to hair spray and a harmonica.

Tavern [4] Fruity girl drink. Will be nice tomorrow.
Tavern [1] Faucet.

Play the Game [1] (opening guild) I used the moxie weeds. I'm still 2 moxie away from level 4 and have only 2 drunkenness. I'm going to sacrifice a swill and see what I can do.

Pantry [6] Where is one supposed to level at this level, anyway? This is a conundrum. I suppose this is one of the reasons for going in search of the Baron. I'm calling it a day with only 5 drunk filled.


Stats:
Muscle 9
Mysticality 8
Moxie 11

Familiars:
Tim, the 7 lb. Llama Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment