Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Run 13, Day 1

I apologize for the long disappearance; I've been ill and barely could find the energy to finish run 12 much less post it. I'll try to get the logs up soon but they will be rather sparse in the notes department.

On to the good news: I finally started run 13 today!

Goals for this run: 10 days or less, perm Ode to Booze, get an idea of how the contest will be and when to place the stat days.

Goals for Day 1: Tavern quest, level 4 for booze, Rock 'N' Roll Legend, open Manor, get Knob Encryption Key.

I think my day 1 was a grand success. There was no flailing about wondering what to do next. I managed all the goals, got halfway to level 5, plus additionally opened the Hidden Temple, retrieved Fernswarthy's key, and made my squeezebox of the ages. It's the best day one I've ever achieved - now I'm stressing about what to do to follow it up!

Logs after the break.


NEW Accordion Thief ASCENSION STARTED 20101012
------------------------------

This log was created by the Ascension Log Visualizer 3.1.0.
The basic idea and the format of this parser have been borrowed from the 
AFH MafiaLog Parser by VladimirPootin and QuantumNightmare.

===Day 1===

[0] Ascension Start [0,0,0]
-> Turn [0] none
[1] Guild Challenge [0,0,0]
+> [1] Got ten-leaf clover
[2] Lemon Party [0,0,0]
+> [2] Got turtle totem, worthless gewgaw, worthless knick-knack
[3-11] Haunted Pantry [0,2,11]
+> [3] Got razor-sharp can lid
+> [5] Got chef's hat
+> [9] Got scratch 'n' sniff UPC sticker, scratch 'n' sniff dragon sticker, 
scratch 'n' sniff unicorn sticker
-> Turn [6] Blood-Faced Volleyball
     => Level 2 (Turn 10)! (2/3/5)

I have a habit of ascending with the Cocoabo and forgot to change to the volley.
 Duh. Maybe I should just ascend with the volley?

Level 2 - Melody. Yes, please!


[12-15] Outskirts of The Knob [0,2,6]
+> [13] Got scratch 'n' sniff UPC sticker, scratch 'n' sniff dragon sticker, 
scratch 'n' sniff unicorn sticker
+> [15] Got scratch 'n' sniff apple sticker, scratch 'n' sniff dragon sticker, 
scratch 'n' sniff wrestler sticker

At this point I'm wearing the chef's hat so I can cast stickers. It seems to 
work out okay. But one apple? Really? I used it anyway...apple+dragon+wrestler. 
Part of this was because I made the damn Rock and/or Roll Legend before I could
 actually equip it. Phooey.


[16-26] Spooky Forest [11,10,25]
+> [21] Got mosquito larva
o> Used 2 giant moxie weed [0,0,11]
o> Used 1 moxie weed [0,0,3]
     => Level 3 (Turn 23)! (3/4/8)

Moving right along! At this point I wasn't sure how many adventures I was going
 to be able to generate.


[27-39] Typical Tavern Quest [12,25,30]
+> [35] Got bottle of whiskey
+> [39] Got Typical Tavern swill, Typical Tavern swill, Typical Tavern swill, coconut shell
+> [39] Got magical ice cubes

This doesn't show it, but I also got a lemon, which mixes well with whiskey even
 if it is the wrong substat. Madrigal + Mood + wrestler/Legend made for an
 incredibly easy Tavern.


[40-54] Spooky Forest [9,9,26]
+> [41] Got spooky sapling
+> [43] Got coconut shell
+> [52] Got Spooky-Gro fertilizer
o> Ate 1 bowl of cottage cheese (2 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
o> Ate 2 fortune cookie (2 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
o> Drank 1 ice-cold Sir Schlitz (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
o> Drank 1 ice-cold Willer (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
o> Used 1 moxie weed [0,0,3]
o> Ate 1 mugcake (1 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
o> Ate 1 stalk of asparagus (1 adventures gained) [0,1,0]
o> Ate 1 urinal cake (2 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
o> Drank 1 whiskey sour (5 adventures gained) [10,0,0]

Time to generate the first batch of turns. Nothing really spectacular, but enough
 to be starting with. I miraculously remembered that my Mafia build is a couple
 of weeks old and doesn't have the first semirare in the correct place. I managed
 to set the counter by hand, which proved well worth it.


[55-65] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary [25,14,35]
+> [61] Got skeleton bone
+> [63] Got grave robbing shovel
+> [65] Got coconut shell
o> Drank 1 Typical Tavern swill (6 adventures gained) [2,1,2]
o> Ate 3 cranberries (3 adventures gained) [0,0,0]
o> Ate 1 lihc eye pie (6 adventures gained) [0,11,0]

I hate coconut shells.

I had to make a big decision here - was it worth it to burn a swill? I think it was
 for two reasons. One, I got absolutely *screwed* on garnishes. Two, without the
 adventures gained from the straight swill I wouldn't have made level 4 in order to
 drink the mixed swill anyway. It may be a situation that can be avoided - but
 since I couldn't avoid it, I believe I chose the correct course.

One more quick note - the crafting changes are absolutely sublime. It's great to be
 able to eat a pie on day one without having to spend meat and adventures to get
 them.


[66-67] Fun House [3,2,8]
+> [67] Got box
     => Level 4 (Turn 66)! (8/9/13)

Made it!


[68] Mix 1 magical ice cubes + 1 Typical Tavern swill [0,0,0]
o> Drank 1 blended frozen swill (12 adventures gained) [3,3,28]

Now for another big ol' choice: make an offstat swill or no? I decided for no. I'll
 try for ice cubes again tomorrow. *crosses fingers*


[69-79] Fun House [19,15,45]
+> [69] Got coconut shell, disease
+> [78] Got box
+> [79] Got bottle of rum
o> Used 1 concentrated magicalness pill [0,5,0]
o> Used 1 magicalness-in-a-can [0,3,0]

Meat or magicalness? I decided that bringing my myst to 10 for equip purposes
 (shiny ring, clown stuff) was well worth it.


[80] Sleazy Back Alley [0,0,0]
#> [80] Semirare: In the Still of the Alley
o> Drank 2 distilled fortified wine (11 adventures gained) [11,11,12]

I like the new, faster semirare. Also, thank Boris and Jarlsberg I *remembered*.


[81-90] Fun House [28,32,45]
+> [83] Got box
+> [84] Got bottle of rum
+> [87] Got box
+> [89] Got box

Not shown: defeated Beezlebozo and got the Squeezebox.


[91] Spooky Forest [0,0,0]
+> [91] Got Spooky Temple map
[92-93] Outskirts of The Knob [1,0,3]
+> [93] Got Knob Goblin encryption key
o> Drank 1 distilled fortified wine (6 adventures gained) [6,5,5]

And got the Key on the last adventure of the day, which I thought was nice and
 symmetrical.

I ended up choosing to nightcap with the distilled because the only other choices
 were plain swill or plain rum.



Turn rundown finished!

ADVENTURES
----------
Spooky Forest: 27
Fun House: 23
Typical Tavern Quest: 13
Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary: 11
Haunted Pantry: 9
Outskirts of The Knob: 6
Guild Challenge: 1
Lemon Party: 1
Mix 1 magical ice cubes + 1 Typical Tavern swill: 1
Sleazy Back Alley: 1



QUEST TURNS
----------
Mosquito Larva: 6
Opening the Hidden Temple: 24
Tavern quest: 13
Bat quest: 0
Cobb's Knob quest: 6
Friars' part 1: 0
Defiled Cyrpt quest: 0
Trapzor quest: 0
Orc Chasm quest: 0
Airship: 0
Giant's Castle: 0
Opening the Ballroom: 9
Pirate quest: 0
Black Forest quest: 0
Desert Oasis quest: 0
Spookyraven quest: 0
Hidden City quest: 0
Palindome quest: 0
Pyramid quest: 0
Starting the War: 0
War Island quest: 0
DoD quest: 0



PULLS
----------



LEVELS
----------
Hit Level 1 on turn 0, 0 from last level. (0.0 substats / turn)
Combats: 0
Noncombats: 0
Other: 0
Hit Level 2 on turn 10, 10 from last level. (2.5 substats / turn)
Combats: 8
Noncombats: 0
Other: 2
Hit Level 3 on turn 23, 13 from last level. (3.0 substats / turn)
Combats: 8
Noncombats: 5
Other: 0
Hit Level 4 on turn 66, 43 from last level. (2.4 substats / turn)
Combats: 36
Noncombats: 7
Other: 0


Total COMBATS: 74 (9.2233720368547763E17%)
Total NONCOMBATS: 16 (9.2233720368547763E17%)
Total OTHER: 3 (9.2233720368547763E17%)



STATS
----------
Muscle Myst Moxie
Totals:    140 151 298
Combats: 96 100 212
Noncombats: 12 11 22
Others:    0 0 0
Eating:    0 12 0
Drinking: 32 20 47
Using:    0 8 17


Top 10 mainstat gaining areas:

Fun House 50 49 98
From consumables 32 40 64
Spooky Forest 20 19 51
Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary 25 14 35
Typical Tavern Quest 12 25 30
Haunted Pantry 0 2 11
Outskirts of The Knob 1 2 9
Guild Challenge 0 0 0
Mix 1 magical ice cubes + 1 Typical Tavern swill 0 0 0
Lemon Party 0 0 0



+STAT BREAKDOWN
----------
Need to gain level (last is total):                           
10 39 105 231 441 759 1209 1815 2601 3591 4809 6279 21904



FAMILIARS
----------
Blood-Faced Volleyball : 70 combat turns (94.6%)
Cocoboa : 4 combat turns (5.4%)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Here, have a roc feather.

    Why did you hit the guild on turn 1 and the Lemon Party on turn 2? It would probably be more productive to leave them for later. You want to maximize the use of your first 40 turns to hit level 4. (At least, that’s how I see it.) I know it’s inconvenient to postpone unlocking the guild if you need to buy low-level skills, but I figure the trade-off is worth it.

    I generally don’t bother using any spleen items aside from the mainstat ones from the guild. On the other hand, I suppose it can’t hurt with no spleen familiar.

    IMO you really need to speed up hitting level 4 and getting good food and booze. I find that my day 1s are much better when I can manage that.

    Good job remembering the semi-rare, BTW!

    I recommend autoselling all offstat spleen items. With mainstat spleen items, one can make a case for using them in the absence of any other spleen fillers; with offstat spleen items, just turn them into Meat.

    Re: linebreaks: within a `pre` element like you’re using for the logs, whitespace is preserved. In other words, if you want a space, tab or linebreak, just type one and it should show up (unless Blogger is doing something weird).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input! I realized the mistake with the guild/epic weapon as soon as I looked at my mana pool (guild) and equip requirement (weapon). I didn't even know the EW [i]had[/i] an equip requirement. Live and learn, right?

    It's that first couple of clicks that I never know what to do with. When I'm lucrecore I just do the low-level bounty...it's a total cop-out of a day one, but it works. As a myst one would start looking for the Manor unlock first, for muscle the Knob first...but is there any earthly reason to be in the Alley besides a slight edge to moxie substats? Is the difference enough to be worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a couple of checklists I use for orienting myself, especially on day 1. My very first clicks differ from yours since I have access to some more things: get accordion (yay no turns!), cast Mojo, get two sugar sheets, equip a sugar shirt, switch to my He-Boulder, equip a sugar shield and red ray in the Pantry. This is pretty much fixed now. Beyond that, it depends on circumstances. :-)

    You don’t want to be in the Alley at all during your run. (Except if you’re lucreing.) I normally end up hanging around the Pantry or Spooky Forest until I get to the Tavern, then again until I can unlock the Bat Hole and the Cola Wars Battlefield. I try the Haunted Billiards Room sometimes. It’s hard for me to survive there.

    ReplyDelete